LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, February 4

i think my body is telling me something

So please tell me if anyone else has this dilemma...?

I've been trying to be good with my exercise. Tuesday I did my Jillian Michaels. Wednesday I was a little sore, so I went on a 2 mile walk. Thursday, still a little sore, did an hour long yoga program on my OnDemand, which I must say, kicked my ass!

>>side note>> yoga can be really tough on your wrists and elbows. yikes!

So here I am. STILL SORE. Sore in different places. Sore in some of the same places. Which is good.  

Buuuut, do you work out sore muscles? Are you supposed to work out if you're sore? Or, are you supposed to be taking an off day? I can never remember how this works.

Some websites say don't work out, that your muscles are recovering. Others say its good, and you can get faster, better results if working out when sore.

What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hell if I know. I'm sore today and decided not to work out because I have to clean the whole damn house and that will be enough of a workout. What I try to do is only do strength exercises every other day. In all likelihood I will still be sore from the initial workout, but I think that's OK.

badheadday said...

What is this "working out" you speak of?

Baby Sister said...

I always work out when I'm sore because for me it makes the soreness go away faster. :)