LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 15

VDay weekend and other diet woes

Okay, I really really suck. Yes, I weighed myself today, and no, I'm not going to share it with you. Its ridiculous. Yo-Yo much?! *sigh* Oh well, its all about making life long changes, no just a quick fix, right?

My main problem is eating out, or eating as a group. And bacon. Please read on!

This weekend Mr. Man and I went to the coast with some other couples for VDay Weekend fun. We ate out almost every meal, which is terrible for diets! The worst part isn't scouring the menu for the ONE or TWO descent menu items that won't blow the bank... Its having to read through all those fatty, super delicious, evil, cheese covered items that you can't have. I'm so weak!!

And heaven forbid if it comes with "salad, soup, or french fries" because we all know what we want to pick. Dirty little bastards.

So. Bacon you say? Oh yeah. We bought breakfast for everyone, which included bacon, eggs and bread for toast. Well it turns out no one wanted to eat at home and everyone wanted chicken fried steak. Well, I myself am not a huge chicken fried steak fan, however Mr. Man and I were left with 2 pounds of bacon (Nothing says Happy Valentine's Day!! like two pounds of bacon) and its sitting in my fridge. So I've had bacon every day for 3 days.

Now I know that the bacon isn't going to kill me, but I certainly know its NOT HELPING.

And thus, we're back to the drawing board again. It also doesn't help I felt like shit for the 2 days we came back and haven't felt motivated to work out. Nice, huh?

Jillian and I have a date set for tomorrow. Oh how I hate her. And yet, don't want to live without her. I've really got to dedicate myself to this, if I want to see any results.

I'm renewed! The 30 days, start TOMORROW!

2 comments:

Crys said...

In defense of bacon...

it's kind of amazing. I was at a holiday party this year where they wrapped bacon around a clubhouse cracker and put it in the oven for an hour. It was just...wrong. Amazing and wrong.

One back week does not a journey make. You'll be back in no time!

StephanieC said...

I'm doing the 55-day shred, too.

Stepped away for a little while (killer cramping and fatigue), but day-um, can Jillian motivate.

It's true that being away from home throws everything off kilter. I'd have done EXACTLY the same, as would most other people.

Temptation = me = helpless.

Get back on the horse!
;-)