LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 25

FEED ME!

Okay, for serious. Fasting is not easy. I'll admit, that day one was pretty cake. I was hungry, yes. But it was kind of a mild pang that just hung around all day. Today, day two however, not so easy. Oh man. I woke up with a major growl in my tummy. I just couldn't make it go away with soup or coffee. So I caved a little and had a glass of V8. Craaaaaazy I know! But I couldn't help it.

Then I went to visit my mom at the hospital (long story, she's fine) and was hungry again. I had 3 cups of tea and had the biggest head ache in ages. So when she ordered lunch, I ordered "Lentils in Vegetable Broth." Sounds simple enough, but it was so thick it was almost split pea like. Don't get me wrong, it was DELICIOUS, but I wanted to be strong and not lose it all. So I had some very thick broth and tried to eat a few spoonfull sof lentils. It helped a little.

So FINALLY, the time has arrived to eat. Yummy yumm yummmmm! I was to make "lean" meat and two vegetables. So I cooked up a slim piece of steak and broccoli and carrots. Funny thing is, I couldn't even eat all the meat!!

Best. Steak. Ever.

I'm so full now its crazy!! And that plate was so small!! (that's a salad size there, the steak was probably about 6 ounces, those are baby carrots).

I feel proud of myself though. I did it. Mild "cheating" but I hardly think a glass of V8 and some lentils will break the bank. I was really wondering if I could make it. I'm a serious snacker too. I did really well with drinking lots and lots and lots of hot tea. I even bought some more today, a green tea medley pack, peach black tea, and some more chamomile (caffeine free). I'm doing really well drinking it without sugar too, which is a big leap for me.

So the "French Women Don't Get Fat" jumpstart Leek Soup diet was a success. The scale said I lost 2 pounds this morning. We'll see what it says tomorrow. I'll probably only finish my steak tonight, and maybe have a couple more servings of veggies. I bought some "ready to eat" beets from Trader Joe's, so I'm curious to see how those are.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Loving this! I can use all the motivation I can get so I'll be reading. Right now I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and gearing up to start the Couch-to-5k, plus calorie restriction. *sigh*