LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 31

LOST: all motivation

Wow, its funny how all it takes to throw you off is a few bad days. POOP! Sure, the sun has been out for 2 days. You'd think I'd be motivated to get OUTSIDE and enjoy the sunshine! Oh no, my allergies had another idea. I basically spent the last weekend in Benedryl haze, in misery on my couch. I finally feel better today, but I still feel a little out of it, but at least my nose isn't running (and running... and running... and running...)

SOOOO needless to say I was pretty  much a suck for 2 days. And then the boyfriend offered to make me dinner cause I was feeling poopy, and sure enough he made chicken parmasean, the fattiest worst thing I could have eaten. But how could I say no?!

I know, I know, I really need to get on the exercise kick, along with the diet. So, I'm going to do just that. So here's my plan-a-roo:
  • Starting tomorrow I'm going to re-start the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Its pretty die hard, but its only 20 minutes a day of ass-kickery. OH man, does she kick your ass. I'm honestly not looking forward to it. I'm going to do her program only three days a week.
  • I'm also starting a Couch to 5K program, so I can actually run a 5K sometime this year. I'm going to do the couch to 5K training on my "off days" from Jillian Michael's. So this means I'll be couch to 5King three days a week.
  • Yoga 2 days a week. I found a new yoga place in town, so I'd really like to get to some real classes. But its $10 a time (pretty cheap as far as yoga goes). I'd like to also try to do some of the "on demand" videos.
I'm aware this sounds daunting. But I gotta get off my ass and get to it! I feel that if I'm more structured and rigid with my "plan" than I will be better at actually making myself DO. IT. ya know?

Besides the weight-loss motovation, I feel like I'm falling apart. Last summer I was having some joint problems, mostly discomfort when I was sleeping; hips and knees. When I started the 30 Day Shred last time, the aches and pains all but went away. Well now not only my hips, but my right knees is killing me, along with my right shoulder and right elbow. NO IDEA what's going on with the right side of my body, other than I'm falling apart and am ancient. I'm hoping getting my joins moving will help!!

And I picked up this new book, I'll let you know how how it is!!

No comments: